This weekend we accomplished trip numero dos to Bear Lake. This time the group consisted of -Abby, Carly, Mackenzie, Megan, Elicia, and me. Though the beaches of Bear Lake are freaky at night and we got hardly any sleep, the day was wonderful and the trip well worth it- sunburn and all.
The night started off with some hot dog grilling for dinner and ended with many, many, many rounds of electronic Catch Phrase. We played until around one thirty and as soon as talk simmered and sleep began to come- a jeep pulled up down the beach from us. Immediately I said 'Everyone up- we all have to go outside together.' Upon leaving the tent we found two men burying a dead body. JK. We just saw some teenagers taking pictures in the water. Then they started yelling "He's going to get us!" and jumped into their car asap and floored it out of there. That left us restless for the remainder of our night.
When morning came we drove to the gas station nearby for a bathroom run- since there were no toilets on the beach. After the restroom, Carly and Abby decided to head home which left just four of us. This next part could be turned into a massive story but I'm just going to cut it super short- A really odd but friendly ranger came and told us we weren't allowed to camp on the beach between 10 pm and 7 am and helped us change Mackenzie's flat tire.
After that, we four spent the next few hours swimming, getting sunburned, playing with sand, taking pictures, cleaning up camp, and eating burgers and shakes from a local shack.
Over all the trip was A+. As for this next week though- probably an F. I work everyday and am over loaded with homework. Sometimes I joke with myself that college isn't for me, but the more I think about it the more that sounds right. But, hopefully I don't get converted to that idea because I need this.
Looks like lots of fun! Don't give up on college life- live it up, learn a lot, make lots of memories! It's one of the only times in your adult life that you only have to worry about you. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteAunt B