Because Elicia and I aren't roommates this year, like we were last year, we feel it necessary to have sleepovers all the time. Ha ha. Last night was our second one. And was the perfect end to a crazy and wonderful evening.
It all started out with Megan planning to go to a bonfire with her older brother, Kevin. After abandoning us, she was going to text us and let us know where the party was so we could come along after we ate. Though we never heard from Megan, Elicia and I still got ready and headed out to the car. When I went out front of our apartment complex, Elicia called me and said she was on the other side with her new best friends. So... I went out to meet them.
I guess the story with them isn't very important. I'll just say that a) they lied to us about their names and hometowns b) they were walking home from chili's c) because they were drunk. Ha. One of the kids was partially decent and told Elicia how he went on a mission, and got drunk because his friends did and he's ruined his life. :( When I think about it... I feel really bad for him. I want to punch his friends in the face.
Anyway, by the time they had all disappeared, Megan was back and we had gone to Elicia's apartment to see if her roommates + John wanted to have a bonfire (Megan couldn't find the one her and her brother were going to go to). Well.. I think that's why they went over there anyways. Ha. They were all over the bonfire idea so, forever later, we headed out the door to Lee's to get s'more supplies.
After purchasing marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, strawberries and juice boxes, we followed John's truck with my Explorer up to Greens Canyon (I think that's the name, maybe not). I was so glad when we finally pulled off the road to a fire pit because even though we listened to Brittany Spears the whole way up, at 11:00 p.m. driving up that canyon as a complete stranger to it is super freaky. Especially because when it is a 'full moon' and everyone in the car has scary things to talk about.
The only wood we had to build a fire with was two crates. And when we first got there, I kept thinking, now how's this going to work? But John was master of the mountain and shredded that crate with his bare hands and built the quickest, largest fire, I ever did see. I was seriously impressed and still am, plus+ turns out he grew up in Washington, SO jealous. Side note: I miss it out there.
The night included: scary stories (I HATE those), strawberry s'more making, singing 'down by the bay', taking pictures, talking to cops and playing games of destructive ninja/ trying to get the cops to play destructive ninja. we sat around the fire until almost all the coals were burned out. WONDERFUL.
After the fire was out-ish, we all headed home. And as soon as we got into our separate apartments, Elicia texted me and said "Why aren't we having a sleepover". So I said "Come on over." And she totally did. Megan, Elicia and I watched Big Daddy and fell asleep. All too soon after that, we were woken up by a phone call from my dad about next weekend. During our conversation he gave me a short reminder that I shouldn't sleep in until 10:30 a.m. LOL. But I'm in college dad! Don't you remember?
Over all. I'd say that the last 24 hours of our lives deserve an A+.
P.S. I took the pictures from Elicia's camera.
oh man looks like you had an awesome fun time! I miss you.
ReplyDeleteps I have presnt for you on my blog!!
ReplyDeleteCOOLESTPOOPEST
ReplyDelete