Order of Most Ridiculous Cryfests
#1: After re-reading These Is My Words.[^For some reason, it was so much sadder the second time.]
#2: After reading These Is My Words, the first time.
#3: After reading The Book Thief.
I don't know why I always end up so emotionally attached to the characters who die at the end. It's not fair, really.
Anyways.. Paige, Mom, and I went to the library yesterday and put our cards to good use, so I have quite the assortment to choose from for my next book.
I'm leaning toward Slaughterhouse-Five.

Why? Because Kevin Bacon mentioned it during his role as hottie, Ren McCormack, in Footloose, which is my ultimate favorite movie.
If you havn't seen it..
Mr. Gurntz : He was trying to teach [that] book.
Mrs. Allyson: Slaughterhouse-Five, isn't that an awful name?
Ren: Yeah it's a classic... Slaughterhouse-five, It's a classic.
Mrs. Allyson : Maybe in another town it's a classic.
Ren: In ANY town.
Mrs. Allyson: Slaughterhouse-Five, isn't that an awful name?
Ren: Yeah it's a classic... Slaughterhouse-five, It's a classic.
Mrs. Allyson : Maybe in another town it's a classic.
Ren: In ANY town.
that footloose reference just made my day.
ReplyDeletei love kevin bacon.
during the sundance film festival a few years ago i saw him at park city. i was such a happy girl that day.