December 27, 2010

Christmas In The Room

FERR REALSIES THERE IS A GUY LIVING AT MY APARTMENT

My roommates fiance sold his contract at the beginning of December and instead of moving home to Preston, he basically moved in with us. I'm all downs with that except.. he's a guy, he's not paying rent or helping with utilities, and he's not at all fun to play games with. [One of those types who cares about technicalities. Yuck.] Plus, the whole thing's just a bad idea, especially since they've got a chronic case of never leaving her bedroom. I got back up here yesterday morning and I didn't even know they were home yet until 10 minutes ago. HA. Then again, I went to bed at 8:30 last night so if they were wandering around after then, that's why I didn't see them.


I wish Christmas wasn't over already, I feel like I didn't properly celebrate it. I didn't read or think about Christmas at all this season. Working so much, not once did I have energy or time to drive around and look at lights like I would have liked. Not once did I just sit in the snow and take everything in, partly because we didn't have any snow. Working at the mall, full of its hustle, discourtesy and gloom, just made the whole season feel so commercial and miserable. On top of that, the week before Christmas was just full of disaster and misfortune. Top of the list bad experiences were:

1) Staying at my apartment last weekend, instead of driving home, because the weather man said it would snow storm when in the end, it only rained.
2) Horrible sales at work.
3) Sleeping in Monday morning >>>>> Half hour late opening at work #1.
4) Sleeping in Tuesday morning >>>>> Fifteen minutes late opening at work #1.
5) 6 upset ladies because of opening late >>>>> 5 forgiving. 1 not so much.
6) A girl peeing through her diaper and completely soaking the velvet chair at work #2. Then, having a completely urine soaked chair at work#2 and having no cleaning supplies what-so-ever to clean it up. YUCK.

Remember how I said I went to bed at 8:30 last night? ^ It's because of 3&4. I've never slept in while working mornings up here! I can't even believe I did. After the second time, I went and bought myself a $35 alarm clock, and have not been able to have a peaceful night of sleep since due to fear, ABSOLUTE FEAR, of being late to work again. And not JUST being late, mind you, opening the entire club late. UGGHHH. I hate thinking about it! But enough complaining, I still I have a few things about the situation to be grateful for:

1) That I've been there so long, I was forgiven by my manager.
2) That I didn't sleep in any longer than I did!
3) That 50% of the normal morning ladies didn't show up due to Christmas break. PHWU.


The two day break I got to go home for Christmas was wonderful. It's always so good to see my family and spend time with my mom and sisters. It's fun to see extended family too. Mostly. We spent part of Christmas eve with my dad's side and while we were at grandma's, I spent a few minutes talking to a cousin about my schooling. When he asked what my major was I explained that I didn't have one and told him "I'm in the middle of my third year and I don't know what to do with my life." He awed at me and asked, "Is that even possible? To be all the way in your third year and not have a major?"

UUUGGHHH. Don't ask me things like that. OF COURSE IT'S POSSIBLE.

Though that made me feel like a huge loser, after talking to another cousin of mine during a Christmas day get-together on my mothers side, I started to feel loads better. See, she'll be on her 8th/9th year of college by the time she graduates with her bachelors. It's so good to know there are others like me out there. (:

Anyways, Christmas isn't as fluffy as it used to be, which is fine with me. The morning was still nice. We had cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate for breakfast, a few hours after waking up, and stayed in PJ's for most of the morning. I would have liked to stay in bed too, but one of my sisters tried to get us all up at 8:30 am and started to cry when no one would sneak to the family room with her- which got me up because as the older sister, I felt it was my duty.

My family received Just Dance 2 on Wii, so before heading to grandma's, my sisters and I played it for a million hours straight. 2 days later and my body is still hurting. Gifts I was given consisted of a jacket I bought myself, 2 sweaters I picked out for myself and.. tank-tops, socks, underwear, you know--> the good stuff. Really though. Socks are so expensive, I basically begged my mom to get me some for Christmas. Oh, I also got Despicable Me [from Jake and Heidi] and silverware. NBD? Wrong. SUCH a big deal! I've been using the same box of plastic silverware all semester, so it'll be nice to have real stuff.

MEEEHHH--->> I have nothing else to say. I hope my non-existant blog readers also had a wonderful holiday and are as excited for New Years as I am! Yay for dancing!

PS. Poor quality pictures from the break = on their way.
PPS. Levi sent me a package and in it was a shot glass from a gay bar, that he bought from a gay thriftstore called "Out of the Closet". On the note attached, among other things he wrote, "Welcome to California." Ha ha. BESTIE.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about work but i'm the same way, i cant get any rest if i'm paranoid about sleeping through my alarm. grrr. i'm really going to miss you next semester. hey call me whenever there are dance parties up in logan and i'll come k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MANDY! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carli: Come dancing this weekend! You're the one who always knows about dance parties, but if I hear of one I'll for sure call you SO FAST.

    @Kewwi: Thanks! I hope you had a funnest trip to Idaho and still want to do stuff this weekend!

    ReplyDelete