July 28, 2009

- Mandatory Read -

I got a job as a substitute custodian today. Pretty excited about that... .. and my coin jar added up to be 150$$$ so.. that was pretty rad too.
BUT that's not important. Read THIS or what's copied/pasted below:

This is an excerpt from Glenn Becks newsletter of current events and politics. The arcticle titled:

Obama TOLD us this was coming...

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even, you know, regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I'm capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name, whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money; they will pass that money on to consumers.

GLENN: Obama was kind enough to alert us to the fact that some of our rights may be curtailed because we don't want to offend our close personal Euro trash friends and their tender sensibilities with our lifestyle. God forbid we do that.

MICHELLE OBAMA: Barack, as Oprah said, is one of the most brilliant men you will meet in our lifetime.

GLENN: Here's what he said about driving our SUVs. Cut 74, 074.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times whether we're living in a desert or we're living in the tundra and then just expect that every other country's going to say, "Okay."

GLENN: Let me tell you something. My studio is set right now at 65 degrees. I don't care what the Frenchy frogs think about it. Why are liberals always so concerned about the French and what the French are going to France is a rat hole. They are setting cars on fire. They are kidnapping their bosses and threatening to blow up automobile plants if they don't get raises. Why would we care about a country that is out of control, filled with beret wearing, wine swilling surrender monkeys? I'll put this thermometer in this studio at 38 below zero if I want to. It's my damn thermometer. If I want to hang frozen sides of beef in here, I'll do it. I'll park an idling Cadillac Escalade in the studio if I want, with the heaters running at full blast just to stay warm in the 38 below zero studio conditions that I've created with my ridiculously low thermostat temperature while I eat frozen pudding and jelly doughnuts! And I'll be fine... or will I? You see, I can't do that because if I eat too many jelly doughnuts, then I would be bad for the collective health, and the new healthcare system would punish me. If I left my Escalade running, that would be bad for the collective. It would be bad for global health. And it's illegal in New York to let your car idle now unless you're the mayor. Plus, don't forget, GM, Government Motors. They are not even going to be making the Escalade anymore, cars that are supposedly unfriendly to the environment. No, no, we'll soon all be driving the 1 1/2 passenger squirrel powered Yugo. But let's not forget Michelle told us things were going to change. We were hoping for this change. And once we change, we'll never, ever be allowed to go back to our lives before Obama.

MICHELLE OBAMA: And Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism, that you put down your division, that you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones, that you push yourselves to be better and that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual.

GLENN: Of course, as soon as she said that, she was hidden on the campaign trail. We were promised that there would be change, transformation over and over and over again. When will America open their eyes to the promises of a fundamental transformation of America?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

GLENN: He said it as plain as it possibly could be said and people lived in denial. No one, almost no one, took him at his word. You want a president that you can take at his word. You want a president you can believe in. You want a president who will say what he means and means what he says. And yet when you get one, you think it's campaign rhetoric. You think he doesn't believe in taking wealth from one group and giving it to another. You think he doesn't mean that he's actually going to change or make useless the Constitution through community service groups. You think he actually means or doesn't mean that he's going to start an AmeriCorps where your children will be required to serve. You think he doesn't actually mean that you won't be able to go back to your life as you knew it. You think he doesn't actually mean that you're not going to be affording electricity. You think he doesn't actually mean that you can't have your thermostat at 72 because of what Europe thinks. It's time we take this politician at his word. People haven't been doing it for a while. My question is will you start to do it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment