Ha.
Yesterday I got 12 sets (8 of them our manager, Mike, sold for me. Ha.) and today I sold 2. Super cool. I'm so excited about it. :)
Tonight was Mike's last night with the team so he took us out to eat at the most expensive restaurant we could think of. We went to Michaels on the Lake. It was SO GOOD. Oh man.. and here's a picture of my before and after full rack of bbq ribbs. MAN, I've never felt like more of a huge, fat, disgusting pig than after eating that WHOLE THING. BY MYSELF. Mmmm.. but it was so good.


Megan and I bought our city passes for Seattle today. I'M SO EXCITED. WHOOAAA, I JUST CAN'T WAIT!
PS. My birthday was last week. I'm 19. Whoopie. :)
" Well what do you know, it's been a while. So many things going on!
Last week:
On Sunday we made another day trip to Spokane to pick up our dear friend/teammate Linda from the airport. It was an ok trip. We ended up waiting an hour for the plane and then went a half hour in the wrong direction ... again. We spent a majority of the time in the car making some wonderful friendship bracelets.
On Monday we spent all day packing up our apartment in Kennewick. Not incredibly eventful. That night we threw ourselves a goodbye party at Applebees (Happy hour = 1/2 off all entrees), then when it was all said and done, we made one last walk/scooter ride to the world's most used 711 and got ourselves our last slurpees.
On Tuesday we finished up the last bit of packing and cleaning of our apartment and headed to what we now call our home, Moses Lake. We moved into the house that we've managed to rent for one month. Mandy and I have a room together again. Awesome. We moved our stuff in, figured out our areas, and headed out to work for the last couple of hours of the day. I got hardly anything done. I hate starting out a new area.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday all run into each other in my memory. The important thing is ... I sold absolutely nothing last week. And that's a huge bummer. I'm just in a huge slump of not selling much and I don't know how to get out of it. Hopefully it's over though cause I sold 5 sets yesterday and 4 today (4 sets = an average sale).
Saturday was Mandy's 19th birthday! Weird that we're at that age ... We worked most of the day, then quit a little early to get a birthday dinner at DQ then went to the park at the lake and took pictures. It was cool. Later, we met up with everyone and went to DQ to get ice cream cake with candles and all. A small part of Mandy's hair totally lit on fire when she leaned forward to blow out the farthest candles. It was the greatest thing ever.
Btw, we don't especially love DQ. We just live across the street from it, so now we go there allll the time.
Sunday, we went to singles ward. I LOVE that all the singles wards here are at 1:00. It was good and all. My roommates are real social so they get us all invited to dinners made by return missionaries later on sunday night. Then they make me sing a song and play the guitar and that's .... that's that.
Our regional manager came up to work with us newby's. He came out worked with me on Monday morning and basically sold the 4 sets for me. I just get to sit and watch. I swear that man could sell to anyone.
I have a really hard time not getting discouraged, and staying optimistic. You know, lack of faith. At around 7:00 p.m. today, I hadn't sold anything. I was talking to Angie on the phone. We decided I would knock on 4 more doors, then go home. On the 3rd door I knocked on, It was an older couple. I started talking to the man, and I wasn't sure if he was even sane, but I tried anyway. He kept looking at the Book of Mormon series, and saying, "The Book of MORMON" in a real excited kind of way. I thought he was crazy, but then I realized later he was just having a good time. When I went into the house, there was a big box of pills for the wife. He asked me if I wanted to buy a pharmacy. Later, when they were signing the paperwork to get the movies, he had to sign the part of "Joint Buyer". While doing so, he muttered, "I'm buying the joint." Maybe you had to be there. They were really great people and they were excited to have more tools to teach their family members important things.
No comments:
Post a Comment