An hour or two after we had left the fire, it started pouring outside. And all through the night there was wind, rain, and lightening. We, the ones who slept in the cabin, woke up every now and then because of it. But we had nothing to complain about compared to Elicia, Jacki, and Des. They slept in a tent outside and when I got up in the morning to see how they were doing... I found them in Elicia's car. Ha ha. I guess their tent almost flew into the lake with them in it, that would have been a bummer.
The morning was really cloudy but it was so beautiful! I've never been up there when it's been rainy but I'm glad we were this time. It was chilly outside and the air was so fresh. I could have stayed up there all day. But, Andee, Elicia, and Mary needed to be home early so, because the gate is locked at the bottom, I drove down with them. Megan and I were planning to drive back up after but it was way too muddy to make the trip again.
After we were down off the mountain, Megan and I headed toward the Monastery so we could try to start up the 4-wheeler. Before we got there I was called by Elicia about her hurt car so we drove over to them instead. Upon arrival we found Elicia sitting on the ground next to her tire, digging arm fulls of mud out from behind her mud flap. HA. It was a sight to see. When all the mud was gone she pulled out her mud flap and we all headed our separate ways.
Once again Megan and I headed to the Monastery. It took us a while to find the 4-wheeler and once we did, it didn't have battery so we couldn't take it anyway. That was kind of a bummer but then we went to the gift shop on the Monastery and met Father Patrick and talk to him for a minute or so, he was a darling old man/monk. After we looked around the shop for a bit we drove home.
Super fun trip right? Here's pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment