Ross participated in his first motocross race on Thursday! We were all super nervous for him but we now realize there was no need to be since he was very careful and came in last by a lap. [Apparently the front brakes on his bike went out during the race so that's why he was being so slow.]
CUTE!
I wish I had gotten a picture of that.
As the sun moved behind the hills, we witnessed a beautiful sunset. I would have taken a better picture of it but I don't know how. Sunset pictures just never turn out for me. Know what I mean?
My brother always says 'never take anything to the farm that you don't want ruined'. I never heard a better piece of advice. Really. I swear farming is just another word for really bad luck. Ross's event went well, but the trip as a whole was just a disaster. It, like everything else, started with running late. We left late from the house, thought we were going to miss Ross because it was 2 hours away and he was already up there, so everyone started off a little upset anyways. Then once arriving in Downey, we stopped to pick up dad at the field he was farming in [I hopped into the truck with Ross and Jared who were heading to the race] and a half hour later mom called saying her car wouldn't start. So Jake had to go back to the field to get everyone and on his way out of the field the plastic on the bottom of his car was ripped off by the crop remains/dad [<-- they were in a rush and he needed to get rid of the problem.]
Out of control. Ha ha. I'm just glad we didn't take my car. I can't even imagine what would have happened, it's already so weary without bad luck.
I own a horse and I can back up the statement, "Don't where it to the barn if you don't want it ruined." Sometimes I'm just dropping something off or turning her out. Nice clothes covered in hair, dust/dirt, and that bizarre smell that never washes out.
ReplyDelete