A month or so ago I told my dad that after I get married I want move out to the middle of nowhere with my husband, have a little garden, and live in beautiful, calm, isolation. I have now decided I would hate that because that's how life with my roommates is [mostly just the isolation part]. They're home = their doors are closed. They're gone = their doors are closed. So I never know if they're even here! And it's driving me crazy not to have someone to talk to all the time.
I've been trying to find somewhere I can take refuge and escape from the silence but the only people who keep in contact with me are the friends and family I have an hour and a half away, and truly it's starting to get me down. Every relationship I have here at school is being held together by my texts or phone calls. Every. Single. One. And those texts and phone calls don't even get answered or replied to 75% of the time. UHG.
Interpersonal communication is such an interesting thing. In class yesterday we had a discussion about how every single exchange of communication we make has a goal behind it. Thinking of my communication goals, most of them are relational. I care about how my friends are doing. I try to get together with friends because I enjoy spending time with them. I'm starting to wonder what everyone else's goals are..
you and kerri need to go to the same school. then at least you'll have each other.
ReplyDeleteMANDY! sounds like your roommates are hermits. they probably are just really intimidated by your coolness and don't know how to act around you, so they just avoid you.
ReplyDeleteSERIOUSLY. Ha. KEWWI COME UP TO UTAH STATE PLEASE.
ReplyDeletecome to byu please!!!
ReplyDelete