September 11, 2010

- We Will Never Forget -

I've been looking through articles and remembering the unity, humility, terror, sadness, and frustration the events of September 11 brought upon us nearly a decade ago. It's strange it's been so long, for I'm sure each one of us remembers it like it was yesterday.

The terrorist attacks marking that horrific day did not harm anyone I knew, but as an American they will effect me for as long as I live, and as a country they will effect us forever.

Work starts in an hour and I know once the river of chaos sweeps me away, the spirit and love I feel in memory of today will unintentionally depart from me. So as I sit here in silence and calm, my thoughts are immersed in remembrance of those who were effected by the tragedy. 9 years later, my heart still goes out to those who have lost loved ones due to the attacks and/or it's aftermath.


I love this country and I am both humbled by and thankful for those who have given up all they have to protect it.



Please take time today to remember those affected by 9/11 and to remember who we are as people and who we are as a country. Take the time to say the pledge of allegiance and thank our Heavenly Father for the blessings of freedom which we have had our whole lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment