October 1, 2010

- Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit -



I wanted to post Mates of States cover of 17 Pink Sugar Elephants on here, but I couldn't find the audio anywhere but in my CD player. [Yes, CD player. (:] The cover is sooo good! Look it up on iTunes.

It's really hard to go from eating mint oreos to eating normal oreos. It's kind of like losing a best friend and buying a fish as a replacement. It just not the same.

Before this year I'd never consistently trekked up and down old main hill and I'm bittersweet about having to do it now. Those stairs are hell. There's no other way to put it. But on the other hand, I really enjoy that side of campus, the view over the hill just East of the amphitheater is so wonderful. This morning while I was walking home from class everything was just so beautiful and perfect. I really love Logan.

I've made a new friend up here. He's a grad student, working on his masters and teaching English 1010. For the past two years, I've spent all my time around the same people. I've been so anti-social. Really. And why? For one, I'm intimidated by awesome people. For two, I only like being friends with awesome people. Therein lies the issue. HA. But I'm getting over it. Hence, my friendship with Matt.

My ward is full of really great people, and I'm so thankful for that. I'm also thankful that I could get work off for FHE on Mondays so I can spend time with my ward. [I've never been able to do that, my whole college career!]

I've been working really hard for the last few months to better myself. I've decided I want to do what it takes to be reflected on as a good, positive person. Along with my no longer downloading music, I've been trying to be a better friend. I want all my relationships to be good ones, and I'm really working on that. I'm learning to say sorry. I'm learning to be productive. I've been more interactive with the real world- [ I have only pulled out my ear-buds once this whole semester!] I've decided to sacrifice my need to be a ridiculous person in able to become closer to the church and become what I'm here to be. I've been semi-diligently reading the scriptures and leaning on Heavenly Father for help. And I've been going to dance parties whenever I can- [the world would be a better place if everybody went to dance parties.]

To friends and acquaintances I've ever hurt,

I've been a vibrant music snob, a vibrant politics snob, just a vibrant snob in general. I've been negative and judgemental. I've been sarcastic. Cynical. I've made others and myself unhappy. I hope you can forgive me for all of that. I've come to the realization that we're all just dirty humans, trying to learn and do our best.

Lets go to lunch,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. A few things...
    1. I played the song and read your post. It was the perfect compliment to it.
    2. I one billion percent agree with the mint oreos thing. They're so good.
    3. I hugely respect that you don't pirate music...I am working on that myself. Slowly, but surely.
    4. You're awesome. And this post is a nice remedy to crappy feelings I have towards people sometimes. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets do lunch!!! If I can ever come up there. I'm glad you have made a new friend! Is he a cute one?

    p.s. if you are going home for conference that would be grand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember how my awesomeness intimidated you??
    ahahaha.

    I'm buying two pumpkins and two sharp knives. let's carve!

    ReplyDelete