January 31, 2011

Happy New Year

January has been a curious month. Unsettling, maybe. My habits need a good kick in the teeth and my priorities have got to be rearranged. I've been sitting at this kitchen table for 20 minutes thinking about what I'm going to start doing and when I'm going to start doing it- convenient enough, it reminded me that tomorrow is February 1st. My New Years. Perfect timing!! Right?

Lately, the topic of conquering life one day at a time has been flooding in from all over. This has been beneficial considering I frequently force myself into feeling overwhelmed. I worry about my future; money, education, employment, relationships, etc. So, for the year, I'm stealing the mantra of an older lady I once knew: "I have all the time I need."

I have all the time I need.
I have all the time I need.
I have all the time I need.
I have all the time I need.

Life's bearably chaotic, but I still feel like keeping this in mind will be crucial for survival. Because life comes in 24 hour increments, I have all the time I need to accomplish the things which need to be done.

1 comment:

  1. My Google Reader said you posted this 45 minutes ago, which means it was technically February 1st when this really went up.

    Unless Google Reader is wrong.

    But I really like the mantra. And this one: "Simplify, simplify, simplify."

    ReplyDelete