January 7, 2011

Losing My Artistic Bread Braiding Ability

I got home from work at 6:30 this morning. Was it worth the $7.25 to go in at 5:30 and help for an hour? Mmm.. Not really. I always get myself into these things. I'm going on strike, right now. No more volunteering for me, at least until someone is willing to cover one of my shifts. The only days I've been able to get off this whole break were Christmas eve, Christmas, New Years eve, and New Years-- KK gave me 3 days off this last week and since I wasn't double shifting at Curves anymore, I figured I'd try to get my minimal two shifts off so I could spend some more time with my family. Nope. No one would do it.

I covered one of the employees shifts for 2.5 weeks in December and she wouldn't cover 2 weekday shifts for me because she had "plans". Plans? GIRL, you just went on vacation for almost the whole entire break. UGAH. On top of that, I have one of these to pick up tomorrow morning, so I asked the same girl if she'd switch me Saturdays [because the pick up time is right as I get off, and if I don't pick up my basket right then, it gets donated] but, nope again, she's got "plans".

This is the girl I volunteered to help this morning. At 5:30. AM. And yeah, I had plans. I was planning on staying up as long as I wanted to. and sleeping. UNTIL NOON.

Sorry, girl. Never again. Totally striking. Rightn ow.

Since I was up so incredibly early, and couldn't get back to sleep, I decided to check an item off my list and make a few loaves of cardamom bread. [Side note: Cardamom bread is a Swedish bread my family makes every winter. Delicious tradition!] This, my friends, is a 3 hour process. Or takes me 3 hours anyways. Before 10 am, I had also done the dishes, cleaned my room, read from These Is My Words, gone grocery shopping, and listened to Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens, ke$ha, and Justin Beiber. Good morning!


[It's supposed to be braided 4 way. Not very pretty, but still, it's an improvement from last time and that's given me hope.]

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! Sorry about the lack of time off though. Good Luck with the new semester!

    ReplyDelete