February 4, 2010

- Not Like My Job Is Hard Or Anything.. -

I feel like my work takes advantage of me.

As a 7.25/hour employee (formally a 6.55/hour employee), I get annoyed having to..

wrap massive display Christmas presents over my Thanksgiving break..
create displays and promotions for 3 clubs..
run fliers all over town..
attend the weight management class..
do Curves laundry at my apartment complex..
become CPR certified..
.. while not getting paid for any of it and PAYING for some of it.

Time is too valuable to work for free.

It's cheap of the business to give the employees mandatory tasks to accomplish on their own time, unpaid. And it's even more cheap of the business to drop commissions. Sometimes I can't help but think-

"Why should I work so hard to help this company stay afloat in the economy, when they won't help me do the same?"

My mom pays better and is better to her employees. I just get depressed thinking about it. ):

I've just got to remember I'm there for my evening ladies, not for anything else.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry mandy, maybe you should take your chances with donating plasma and quit your job? you'd probably average the same amount of money for less time and energy.

    ReplyDelete