February 14, 2010

- Valentine's Day -

Yes, I would really like to have the same blog title as every other female in this world.

See, this is how I figure it works- single people write blogs leading up to/on Valentines Day about how it's A) bitter/unwanted and/or B) better to be alone, and 'taken' people write blogs a few days later about how wonderful life is.

I am not dating anyone therefore- going to add myself to the single group ^ above. I'm thinking this holiday has potential to be just.. a really disastrous/uncomfortable day (depending, of course, on length of relationship, compatibility and knowledge of each others likes). Single or not.

Trying to explain:

What if one member of the pair goes all out and the other- not knowing what that person is going to do- goes with super goofy 4x2 in. paper valentine bought from the seasonal section at Smith's because it's cheap and cheesy. One might feel inadequate and the other- offended or hurt.

Not on the same page = just a bad experience.

So say you try to get on the same page before that day. You both decide on a nice dinner and no gifts. Well, morning comes and one of the two got the other a gift anyways. Well.. What then?
"Oh thanks honey .. I REALLY didn't get you a gift."
HA.

I don't really want to deal with that stuff until I'm with the beautiful man I'm going to spend the rest of my existence with. And I know him so well- I can act valentines appropriate even if my legs, arms, and head were all chopped off.

I'D RATHER BE LOVESICK AND SINGLE.
YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment