November 8, 2010

Time Shmime

I spent some time sweet-sweet relaxing today and destroying my blog. Too much time. I'll admit- I don't feel good about spending hours changing silly blog formats around. It's something I unintentionally ended up doing in efforts to soak up my paperless, responsibility-less day. Yup, my assignment is done and despite all the worry that my procrastinated paper might not be up to par, finally turning it in felt so good. Honestly, just handing off that 8 sheeted bundle I felt as if a huge burden had been lifted from me. ..Phrasing the experience like that sounds like I'm talking about repentance or something- Yup children, don't procrastinate that one either because 9 solid hours at the library the night before judgment probably won't provide much healing of the soul.

That's what it took to complete 7/8 of my paper- special Amanda/library bonding time from 3pm-midnight. I like to think that I wouldn't have left the project until Sunday evening had my computer continued to work [instead of freezing and terminating my Saturdays work efforts] and had I not needed to fit a drive down to SLC somewhere in there too [so I could attend an 8am meeting at Southtowne mall the next morning]. BTW- Who does that? Who holds a mandatory staff meeting on a Sunday morning, an hour and forty-five minutes away from the work location? [It was a regional meeting, so it would have been more inconvenient for everyone else to travel to Logan, but still.]

For one of my classes I'm supposed to be 100% honest for two days. [It didn't seem like a hard thing to do until I had to drive the speed limit. That has been the worst. REALLY. People, myself included, hate people who drive the speed limit!] Anyways, so before I publish post- I need to admit something. After I wrote about healthy eating habits a few days ago, I went straight to the store with one item of purchase in mind- Zebra Cakes. Embarrassing. Everyone knows those things are just striped octagons of Crisco. I bought a box and ate the whole thing within 24 hours. Can you believe that? If I die unexpectedly, that'll be the cause. Bleck. I should probably just eat 4 boxes [20 double packs], get sick and throw them up. That would cure me of the urge to eat them all the time. Or ever again for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment