This morning I made German Pancakes. Which are SO good and SO easy:
Mix 3 Eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 tsp salt. Place a wedge of butter in the pan, place pan in oven, once wedge is melted- pour mixture in pan. Cook at 400 F until the whole thing looks like a big hilly monster with nice golden-brown edges.
The recipe I use/posted is 1.5 person sized, it's usually doubled which turns out a lot hillier and cooler looking than mine.
For a few months/weeks recently [I don't know which- seemed like months] our dishwasher was broken. It made our dishes situation a little more crazy than normal, or that's what I thought. Unfortunately though, our dishwasher has been fixed for a week or so and the problem persists.
My roommates rarely keep up with their dishes! That's annoying because:
A) it forces me to continue hand-washing my dishes in order to save myself from becoming their slave and doing 30 of their dishes for every 2 of mine. [Plus, I figure if I do my own dishes 100% of the time, 100% separately from the other roommates- I can't be blamed as part of the problem when I'm caught complaining.]
B) because their dishes pile up in the sink, which creates a situation where there is no room to wash new dishes [which forces me to empty the left side onto the right side making their ridiculous lack of dish-washing even harder to ignore].
This morning I came home and the dishes were all done and kitchen cleaned. What a nice feeling. This made me determined to fix the problem. Easing into the subject I asked one of the sisters if she did the dishes. Nope, it wasn't her. I figured that was the case [I have a theory about who ends up doing the dishes], but I was using the situation to work my way into saying something like- "Ohhh, that was a huge mess. We all really need to be more helpful and take care of our own dishes."
Unfortunately, before I could say anything except "oh", she looked at me and said "the dishes are probably in the dishwasher." But with chilling attitude like you can't explain over blogger. [Maybe she's not a morning person, maybe listening to Death Cab's Plans album puts her in a bad mood, maybe she just doesn't like me. IDK.] Anyways, that caught me off guard A) because there was so much attitude and b) because it just didn't make sense. Besides the cupboard and the dishwasher, where would the dishes be? Maybe because they weren't in the sink [like they usually are] she thought maybe I didn't know where to find them? Or maybe she just figured that because the dishwasher was dirty that meant the dishes weren't done. HONEY, once the dishes actually make the dishwasher- they are basically done. Really.
After our short exchange of words she went into her bedroom. [Which is pretty normal behavior for our apartment- spending lots and lots of time in your room.] A few minutes later, she walked through the family room and out the front door muttering a cold, obligatory, last second "bye". In response I yelled "See ya!" and as the door shut I whispered "whore". Uh-oh. I couldn't help it! Ha. When someone has an uncalled for negative attitude it just rubs me the wrong way like nobody's business. [I blame the inappropriate name usage on previous roommates.]
I might be a horrible person forever, despite my efforts to do better. Today I'm not taking responsibility for it though because of the forced honesty experiment for my class.
1. How could Death Cab's Plans put ANYONE in a bad mood?
ReplyDelete2. At least calling her whore didn't make you break you honesty project.
3. I'm trying so hard to figure out which roommate you blame for the inappropriate name usage ... I know for a fact it's not me ... I'm thinking Elicia? or Abby? No wait. It's Andee.
hahah. I love that andee left that comment while I was typing mine up ...
ReplyDeleteHAAAAAAAAAAA. I LOVE YOU GUYS.
ReplyDeleteWELLL....I'm not sure I love you guys anymoreee
ReplyDeleteHA- oh please. :)
ReplyDelete