November 6, 2010

Writing


I've got an 8-10 page paper due on Monday. And instead of using the last month and a half I've been given to do it, I've decided to wait until the weekend right before. Surprise.

Every time I think about writing my whole mind freaks out and shoots into a million different totally random and out of control sentences, thoughts, ideas, everything's that in no way relate to each other and cannot possibly be written down. It's so frustrating. Writing, or the idea of it, puts me into some sort of coma where all I can do is drink warm beverages and ..goof around on blogger. Bleh.

Does anyone else ever click 'Next Blog'? It's the best! I highly recommend it. I've become quite the creep lately, reading blog after blog. There are so many LDS blogs, it's shocking. Even more shocking though- there are tons and tons of blogs about different plant and animal species. Yeah.

On my quest to find life's itinerary, I've decided to leave the country. A few friends of mine are going on a volunteer venture and for a moment there I had decided to go with, I still might. But, it got me looking into study abroad programs. I'd be excited to participate in either opportunity, but deadlines for everything are coming up soon and I've no idea which to choose! Considering that I have no direction and I'm a third year in college, I should probably save my credits for completing a major, but at the same time- you can go on a study abroad for service learning experience or just to learn the countries language and culture. That sounds like the best. Doesn't that sound like the best?

After the purchase of my first ipod [a 4GB] ...and after the purchase of my second ipod [a 30GB], the phrase "go big or go home" really started to mean something to me. If I had just bought the 180GB in the first place, instead of being a wuss, I would have saved myself pain-in-the-neck itunes transfers, the inconvenience of not having enough space when I needed it, and most importantly--- money. I would have saved myself a lot of money.

I can relate this to most things in my life- whether it's really necessary or just provides justification, I'm not really sure sometimes. In this case, going to Central America would be the 4GB nano- it does not cut it, by so much does it not cut it. I do not need any 4GB's in my life. Going to South America would be the 30GB. Exceptionally better than the 4 GB, it would provide experience and would be cheaper than most places, as far as program and flight are concerned. It'd be cheaper, but not cheap. If I'm going to spend that much money to go there, why not 180GB it?

I've been dying to go to Africa for some time now and if a little extra will get me there, that might just be where I'll go.

We'll see.

PS. I think I've given up on wearing real clothes. Leggings+shirt is the most dressed I can get myself lately. Also, I've been eating healthier- no more boxes of zebra cakes or bags of Baby Ruths for me. [Ugh, saying that makes me really want some of either.] That picture up top is a meal I made myself- a real meal. One that wasn't nachos or taco soup. Oh.. and one last thing- I flooded my bathroom today. Yikes. I guess I should make sure the shower curtain runs off into the showering area.

3 comments:

  1. MANDY! I'm so glad you are going on a study abroad, but I must disagree with you that Central and South America would be 4GB or 30GB Ipod. I think no matter where you went it would be a millionGB Ipod. Also you wrote a really great post, just act like you are writing a long blog post when you write your paper.

    p.s. if you went to Chile you could see KELLI!!!! But then i would be so jealous of you and being jealous is bad. So maybe not Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE go on a study abroad to central or south america. Both are so rad, and I would totally come and visit you.

    P.s. I love the bite out of toast in your picture. It cracked me up. I looove you. Let's hang out soon, k?

    MUAH

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chile, Argentina and Peru are the only not 4GB/30GB options there are. I decided that yesterday. .. Meh, tough decision. Maybe I'll just end up on a mission.. who knows. Ha.

    ReplyDelete