November 27, 2010

I'm just SHO thankful!

A loud "UGH" found it's way out of my mouth when I noticed the christmas lights shining through my apartment window and a snowman wreath hanging on my door. Oh Mandy, you cynical, cynical human, you. "UGH??" Really? Why not "Yay, I didn't have to buy any decorations this year!" Guess living with strangers has altered my attitude about the whole thing. I usually enjoy decorating for Christmas and I usually love spending time with roommates during Christmas break! But, I'm starting to dread sharing the break with my roommates and I shouldn't- they're nice enough girls. This is bad. Very bad. Especially since break is what? 3 weeks long? Double UGH.

I want there to be a drug I can take that forces me to do my homework. HA. I can never get myself to do it until lastlastlastlast minute. Which is a huge problem because I have a 10 page paper due December 6 and I haven't even read the instructions for it. The instructions were given weeks ago! Actually.. more like MONTHS ago! Ugh. The closer the due date comes, the more stressed out I am, and the more incapable I am of starting my paper. What a nasty cycle!

In honor of Thanksgiving and the need to be more positive about life, here are a few things I'm thankful for:

Important list:
family
best friends
old roommates
freedom
religion
health
food
work
clothes
shelter
transportation
THE SUN

Unimportant list:
amazon
wit
justin bieber .. and all the other ridiculous under-aged, over-paid pop artists
these reviews on itunes about a kesha song:

dancing
animal crackers
horrible engagement pictures
horrible profile pictures
sleep
really tall trees
old people
summer, fall, WINTER
like a G6
this urban dictionary definition of slizzard:swollen lymph nodes = NOT thyroid cancer
[^had a little scare over the break]
2 jobs
christmas break
not having to work the morning of black friday
junk food
free time
live music
blogs that list
good literature
the time and will to read good literature
good drivers
apple
art, specifically this:
by allison schulnik
pianos, banjos, violins
letters
my giraffe shaped possessions
the farm
music that reminds me of my dad
being warm
2/$1 midnight milkyways at smith's
movies that aren't scary
conversations with elicia:
the ability to avoid twilight fever
cheese: the quality of being too obviously sentimental
microwaves
kind strangers
good hygiene
college
layers
breakfast
good looking people




.. I could go on forever, so I'm just going to end there because, well, remember that paper I'm supposed to write? I've got a lot more to do than just that.

4 comments:

  1. Mandy I am so thankful for you! And I have really missed you and I cannot wait to see you over christmas break! I hope you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks Kewwi! I'm so thankful for you too. Will Macky and you drive up and see me over the break?? (: PLEASH.

    ReplyDelete