January 19, 2009

- The Friendship Update -



I'm not sure if the words of my blog will ever meet the eyes of other people but I guess that's OK, this post can be for me.


Change is constant, something that can't be avoided. And I've notice that evermore as the year goes on. Throughout these last months, weeks, days, life has turned good friends into people whose feelings I no longer recognize, and people I hardly knew into good friends that I'll never forget. I love people from both of the above groups, but no matter how I love them, sadness still links me to both.

I miss friends that change for the worse, people that lose grip on life and the important s of living it. There are so many beautiful and real experiences and feelings found in diving deep, that to see my good friends skim across the surface with nothing but the physical world and false stimulus just breaks my heart. I feel like a lot of things have taken part in the change of these people with one major contributor being college. Though it is something that releases us from a somewhat 'higher authority', it is also something that binds us with arrogance and foolishness. How do we feel as if we rule the world when we are so young and just barely beginning to learn what creates it? I'm beginning to think that even more so than learning math, science, and language, we need to take courses on class and how to discover our true character. It seems these things are disappearing and I hope that my desire for both those things never does. I never want to feel I need the world to find happiness.

I've made some new friends this year. Ones that still leave me with hope for our generation and don't leave me feeling empty inside after spending time with them. These people are really important to me, they include my family (OK, didn't just barely meet them, they've been around for a while), my roommates, my school neighbors, and old classmates. I've got a best friend, Carli, who can fight through weaknesses like Jackie Chan fights through ninjas. She's strong, beautiful, honest and she never gives herself enough respect or credit, which I hate because she's worth more than she could ever know. I have 1..2..3..4..5..6.. .. IDK, great college roommates and neighbors that can even turn doing nothing- into doing something (that's how cool they are). And I'm more than happy to admit that 'my college experience would not be the same without them'. They are the face to my book ..ha. And one in particular is the craft to my craft store (Megan).

So far I've mentioned a few of my friendly's, but I recently ended a relationship with a seriously great guy and I think he totally deserves some credit under the 'people I hardly knew turned into good friends that I'll never forget' group.

After going to school together for.. forever, him and I finally became friends, senior year, through the help of Mrs. Bean and her creative writing class (shout out to her). Ha. We were friends into summer and after becoming very fond of each other, we then went our separate ways to college. blah, blah blah. Long story short, he's just.. a very wonderful, sincere, beautiful, talented guy that can make me laugh. I love spending time with him, but like I mentioned earlier, change is constant so we aren't together, but we are still good friends and I hope we remain so for a long time.


OK, that was super long but basically I just blogged. Ha. And I just am thankful for all my friends, old and new. I get bummed sometimes about the choices and switch ups of life but I wouldn't exchange any of my peeps for.. other peeps. And now I have to go to bed because I gotta drive up to Logan tomorrow in time for my 9:00 class. Yeah..

2 comments:

  1. Mandy,
    You're an Incredibely awesome person. seriously.
    add me to your blog. k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nose looks a healthy cherry red in this picture. This was a really good blog, it made me cry a little bit and im not joking. LOVE YOU and miss you mate.

    ReplyDelete