Today would have been my third day selling, but unfortunately for me, my sore throat took me to Kennewick's Urgent Care center this morning.
I spent a total of probably.. 2 hours at the clinic. First thing there, I had to fill out paperwork. WEIRD. I've never had to do that for myself before. Next, they pulled me back to a room, got mad at me for using my phone in that room, and swabbied my throat for strep. When my test results came back negative, they drew a small sample of blood from my left arm (after miserably failing to find the vain in my right). OUCH. Then I waited. 20 minutes.
The blood test came back positive for Mononucleosis. Also known as the 'kissing disease'. Which is lame, because the only boy I kiss doesn't have it so that means I got it through someone coughing or sneezing or something and that's just disgusting.
What a bummer.. I drove to Washington so I could take part in a job, and now I've been advised by a nurse- that I am not well enough to knock doors, I'm contagious, I'm going to be very tired and sick, there are no antibiotics for this because it's a virus, and I'm out for 3 weeks of the season. I started to cry at the doctors office, that's embarrassing. But appropriate.
After the clinic, I went and bought myself a package of Mint Oreos to help me feel better but turns out they hurt my throat too badly to eat. I guess the only thing to do now is rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment