June 14, 2009

- A-OK -

Megan and I had a pretty peaceful time hanging our feet in the pool while eating Popsicles today.. well.. until our awesome children neighbors came and joined us. They are a bunch of Arabic speaking wild animals that only came swimming to A) getting us all wet and to B) cause lots of chaos for their mother to deal with. They were screaming, chucking trucks and rocks and food into the pool, splashing us, yelling in arabic, you know.. the usual.

These kids, though wild, are sooo cute. The family is from Iraq, I think, and the mothers name is Ala. I finally formally met the little girl today. Her name is Hala. They have four boys, two really young, and two a little older- probably jr. high age- but I don't know their names.

I've seen Hala a few times around but never talked to the funky thing until today. A funny story about her- - - Last night, we were all standing around on the porch talking about how we were going to the swim party/ if I was going to attend the swim party and Hala showed up from who knows where and stood a little out of our circle for almost the whole conversation. She look liked she wanted to be part of it, and I wanted to include her but there wasn't really a way to.. So I just stared at her frequently because it was so weird that she was there. Ha.

SO FUN.

I also met another little girl who lives across the other side of the swimming pool. Her name was.. I don't remember. I think it was Ulle or something. And she was dang cute and super jealous we got to go swimming because she wasn't allowed. Ha. Also, we caught her little sister sneaking into our apartment (we left the back door open) while we were off doing laundry in the building next door. What COOLIES~!

No comments:

Post a Comment