June 14, 2009

- You And I Misbehaving -

Usually I'm not really interested in having a social life, and tonight wasn't any different but I was partially forced into going to a pool party so social life did come.

My night went like this:

1) Slurpee run with Megan Bell (like always).
2) Make appearance at pool party in Pasco.
3) Walk through pool party hosts awesome backyard to a dock on the Columbia River with Megan, Angie, Kristin, Courtney, and strangers.. then learn about the rivers current, depth, temperature, death rate, and aquatic life (Sturgens?).
4) Meet a lot of people I had never met.
5) Drive to a different river bank with all those new friends.
6) Golf flaming tennis balls into the Columbia River.

Yeah, 6 was definitely the best part. I got to hit twice. First- I hit the ball of fire into some vegetation and Megan and I had to throw ourselves down a savagely brushy hill to prevent a massive dry grass fire- scratched up my legs pretty good! Second- Totally redeemed myself and made a clear shot into the river.

It was so fun! Not safe, or smart.. but fun! Ha. It was definitely a good experience but at the same time, I am extremely surprised and feel very grateful that there were no wild fires created and that everyone is still alive. Seriously, the last tennis ball we did started a fire that was borderline way out of control. Good thing Megan Bells fight or flight kicked in and she dominated the burning bushes with dirt.

What excitement! Who would have thought that we'd do something so adventurous and rebellious while on our quest to sell Living Scriptures. :)

LOVE IT!

I wish I had pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment