DAY TWO
We spent our first night with Jarna.
She was my manager over the summer and while we were working in Moses Lake- she just up and decided to move there. I'm still having a hard time understanding why someone would ever do that.. move the Moses Lake that is. But whatever. Ha.
In the morning, Jarna made us breakfast [Cream of Wheat] And we were on the road again headed towards Camano Island around 10:30 a.m. And somehow [because we made stops at the Columbia River and Snoqualmie Falls] our 3 hour trip turned into a 6+ hour trip.
Lucky for us [having been blessed so incredibly much on the trip already] the camp attendant at Cama Beach was still there when we arrived at the campground half an hour after the check-in hut had already closed down. We would have been in so much trouble if he wasn't there! He helped us figure out where to go, where to park, and gave us information about the shuttle, cabin, key, and everything else.
He also talked to the shuttle driver about helping us down to our cabin with all our stuff [since the shuttle is the only thing that goes down to the beach]. We were so thankful for that.
I wish I could've been there to tell you more stories of ghosts haunting cabins and ladies walking through trap doors and hanging themselves...oh well, plenty more sleepovers to swap stories
ReplyDeleteum i'm thoroughly jealous right now. what was your job in washington?
ReplyDelete1. I love the columbia river
ReplyDelete2. i like the picture of you throwing a rock into it.
3. and the one of you(?) sleeping in the car. I thought it was kenzie at first though.
day 3! day 3! day 3!
ReplyDelete