March 22, 2010

- March 15 2010 -

DAY THREE



Say 'Hello' to Cama Beach at 7:45 a.m.

I could have sat out there all morning, all day and all night. But I didn't because we had Friday Harbor to visit. First time on a ferry= A+ experience NO DOUBT.

Beautiful


Yay! Our destination!

----------

Lots of this [map confusion] went down on the island. It was hard to get to places with our cartoon tourist map [an image is somewhere in this post]. And without a car. / a scooter.

Can I just say that we didn't have our scooters because if we would have grabbed them we would have missed the ferry? And that we gave a old stranger man a ride across the ferry parking lot so he himself wouldn't miss it?


Yeah. That happened.

And he was so thankful- he offered to buy us our morning coffee and we said "No thanks, already had it." HAAaa. Not really. But he did offer us coffee.

^ Toy store. This photo almost makes me wish I still had a facebook so I could make it my profile picture. What up gangsta.

^ Here we have Carly and I just taking a little rest at the public park... More like public patch of grass, flag pole, and fire hydrant.

Thee above [5] pictures from the Orca Museum. Pretty neat. I knew you all were dying to see containers with partially developed dolphins and sea lions inside. So there you go. Also up there is a human brain compared to a Dolphin brain and Fin Whale brain. PUNY.

Lunch was at a place called 'The Doctors Office'. A cute little shop- perfect for island type folk. You know- old, annoyed, newspaper reading people who never married or had kids because all they wanted in life was to be successful. That type of folk.


Since we had no form of transportation- we didn't really know what to do after we'd covered the ground near where the ferry dropped us off.. So we decided to take the advice of a lady we'd talked to at the book store earlier that day. Her advice was to go to Griffin Bay. She said it was a great place to go and that we could get there if we were willing to go on a little walk. Little did we know that by 'little walk' she meant- 6 hours worth of walking.

The above map is pretty self explanatory. It shows us. It shows Griffin Bay. No- we didn't walk for six hours [hence the big 'X' through Griffin Bay]. But we would have- had it not been for the kind lady who informed us of the trek before hand.

See that arrow to Jackson Beach?
That's where we ended up going. It took a little more than an hour to walk to but- compared to 6 hours- that was nothing.

OUR JOURNEY




JACKSON BEACH


Notice how I'm using my camera in the above photo? Below are the pictures I was taking around this time. The sequence is of Macky FINALLY crossing the spider covered logs. She was so scared it wasn't until we started to leave her [and her yelling "No wait! Don't leave me! I'm coming right now!"] that she realized jumping back over the pile was her only option. .. And even then it still took her at least another 5 minutes to do it. Ha.


^ The look of a frightened, but ever-smiling, Macky.

^When I first saw this picture I thought I was scootering but- that is not the case. My neck was just feeling so heavy from my camera that is how I was walking. Cute.

^Pro idea= Putting the camera on my boot so it could take a group picture.

^Barefoot.

^I know I'm so lame. I thought this was funny because it was 5 feet from the restroom entrance.

Radatat. That's what we are. There were tons of fun shops around the harbor. I found my true love inside one of them- it was a wool (?) beanie. I could have married that thing if only it didn't cost $58. ): Forever sad about that.

One last hoo-rah at 'The Doctors Office' before boarding the ferry back to Anacortes. The lady who made our ice cream cones kept asking Macky whether she wanted a cake cone or waffle cone and Macky kept saying cake- probably 3 or 4 times- and when the lady brought out her icecream it was in a waffle cone. And I just had to laugh so hard.

While finishing our ice cream we stood and talked to a cute old couple who was also waiting for the ferry. Even though the older lady thought I was still in high school, our meeting was really nice. We told them about our spring break and our desire to see a volcano and they told us about a place called Paradise where we could spend the day venturing Mt. Rainier. They also told us Mt. Vernon was a city, not a volcano -talk about major LET DOWN-. Ha. We thought for sure it was a volcano.

^Cars loading onto ferry. Goodbye Friday Harbor ):..

^.. and goodnight Carly. Ha.


The day was great and to top it off- we passed this field of flowers on our way back to Camano Island. SO COOL. Why don't we have fields of flowers here?

Dear Utah,
Grow fields of flowers please.
Thanks.


Until next post, bye. (:

4 comments:

  1. why was mackenzie afraid to jump over a pile of wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm you stayed on anacortes?!? that is where the boy i am in love with is from and i've wanted to go there since he showed me pictures of how beautiful his home town is....i'm even MORE jealous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a blast! Oh I wish Utah had flowers like that!!! BOTHER.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete