I think today might be most originally significant day of the year.I say originally because- it's a day that has real meaning to only a few.
Today is a happy day, because it's my
[beautiful, wonderful, fun, loving, selfless, hard working]Happy Birthday, Mommy!
Thanks for still letting me sit on your lap even though I'm almost 20. It really means a lot. (: I love you [and hope you enjoy the chocolate covered strawberries I secretly made you and hid in the garage fridge]!

And today is a sad day, because it's the anniversary of Jake Pratt's death [May 27, 2005]. 5 years ago tonight I showed my little sister our 9th grade panorama, telling her about everyone from left to right. Upon reaching the far right side of it, I pointed to Jake and said "I'm gonna marry that kid." The next morning, Mary Schacht called me and told me about the car wreck. I thought she was joking.
:( Dear Jake, you're missed.

It's also the day Levi left on his mission, and a year from today- he will return home. Which brings mixed emotions all the way around- Sad he's gone, happy he went on an LDS mission, nervous for when he comes home. All those. Ha.
Happy Halfway.. Day, Elder Ball!!

3 things:
ReplyDeletea. happy birthday to your mom!
b. it's always shocking and sad when you hear about someone's death and they're so young. but i'm glad you choose to remember him in a happy way.
c. marry him. that picture is amazing.
have a fun weekend!
.. love your moms jacket.
ReplyDelete.. i miss jake so much, he was a great friend.
.. levi levi levi.. i say marry him too. :) tell him i say hello next time you write.