April 28, 2010

- Wind It Up -

Decided this was blog worthy-

Urban Word of the Day
Urban Farmer
Definition:
A person who constantly plays Farmville and acts like they know everything about a real farm-- but all they do is live in the city, sit at a computer, and at a certain time, need to stop what they are doing to farm their imaginary crops.

The most peculiar thing happened last night while Macky, Ben and I were at Walmart.

[^Ben, Me, and Macky- at Walmart]

I threw a football towards Ben, ended up hitting a TON of toys off the tops of the whole isle we were in, and just like that... The power went out. It wasn't my fault- at least I don't think it was my fault- how strange!


What was that like? Oh you know..

It was really quiet. It was really dark, obviously. There was one employee walking around saying "I can't work like this.." Ha ha. Part of me felt like we had snuck in and that we were criminals [especially since Ben was pretending to steal things] while another part of me felt like we were about to be victims. Scary movie type victims. Huge man with nothing but a hack saw and a wood chipper on wheels type victims. You know.. Those ones. Okay I didn't really ever think about that man until now- but the phrase "Walmart hostage" did cross my mind.

We were there to buy kites but since checkout stands were all out of order, we ended up being hustled to the front of the store to wait until systems were back. That took way too long so we went to Smith's. Smith's is better anyways, that's what I think.

Ben's kite only experienced one minute of wind loving life. Mackenzie's kite stayed intact the whole time [as far as I know] and my kite just looked cool. It was a ravenous T-Rex. A ravenous T-Rex whose string broke twice and flew from the south-west side of the quad over the whole Geology building to the sidewalk east of the greenhouse. Can you belee dat? It's pretty lucky I found it.



Maybe the maps help the human mind understand the great distance my kite conquered.
COOL.




2 comments:

  1. "I can't work like this"

    This post is hilarious. I laughed reaaaally hard.

    LOVEYOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm slightly envious because i bought a nice kite after i failed at flying my cheap-o all a dollar one and i still haven't been able to keep it in the air longer that 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete