April 29, 2009

- Cross My Heart -

Levi Ball. I've mentioned Levi in a few earlier blogs, but never devoted more than a paragraph to this person who is so dear to me. . So I'm taking this opportunity to do that very thing.

Like I said in my second blog post ever, Levi and I met in Ms. Beans creative writing class. Blah blah.. And we've been through a lot since then. We've [basically] been dating for a little less than a year and in that time we've had a fair amount of wonderful experiences that I am very thankful for, and will hopefully remember for a longer period than I do most things.

Starting tomorrow, Levi's going on a pre-mission road trip with his raw roommates and beginning of next week- I take off towards Washington for a miserable selling experience. I will be there all summer and Levi leaves on his mission to California on May 27. So, today was the last time we could be together for two years. And that's just.. A really sad story. But I'd have to say- there a few other ways I'd rather spend our last moments together than how we did.

At around 3:30 yesterday, Elicia and I arrived in Provo. As soon as we got there, we (Levi, Me, Elicia, and Matt) made a trip to UVU to look for Levi's backpack and pick up Mike. After doing that, we ate Beto's (best ham breakfast burrito I ever had) and tripped to Boondocks to do batting cages ( for those who don't know- I love batting cages).

My first batting cage attempt was at very fast softball because I told Levi I would try that out if he was doing fast baseball. I watched Levi do great in his cage then went to bat. After two hits, my hand was already rattled to death by the mercilessly hard and fast balls. I didn't dare hit another of that speed, so Levi hopped in and tried to finish them out. After a few hits, he too was hand hurt. Leish and I both did a round of slow softball and even though it took us a while to convince Elicia to play, I think she quite enjoyed it. :)

We drove back to Levi's apartment after Boondocks then met up with a few other couples (one of the girls was a total whore that wanted Levi despite her own date) at Trafalga- another Boondocks type place. There, we played in the arcade (Levi and I attained 375 -or something- tickets. Which resulted in two matching chucky doll key chains, a sticky hand for Levi and an 'Angel' tiara for me- Leish and I got matching ones). We also played mini golf, took photo booth pictures, ate dippin dots, and raced go carts. What an adventure!

The rest of the night consisted of eating Wendy's and preparing Levi for his final presentation in English the next morning. I didn't really help with this, but I tried and sadly ended up crashing on the couch at around 2:00 am. Then was kindly picked up and carried to a bed to sleep.

This morning started early for Levi because he had his presentation. He left around 8:45, I think, and I got up with him for a tiny bit but went back to sleep until he was home again at 10:something.

Once everyone was awake, Levi made us the most delicious cinnamon pancakes ever. Mmm they were soo good. Sadly though, what came next was something not so sweet.. the farewells. Which were horrible, but worse because we had to leave so much earlier than I wished because Leish and I had a history of photography final at 3:30. Which we couldn't be late for. So we had to leave Levi's by 1:00 to make sure we had enough time to make it back to Logan. Unfortunate for us, and exactly my luck- MY TEACHER DIDNT EVEN SHOW UP FOR CLASS AND FINAL WAS CANCELLED. AH. SO FRUSTRATING.

Anyways.. It was the saddest thing leaving Levi's apartment knowing that would be the last time I could see him for two years. I don't want to be sad, I don't want to worry about the future and I always ask myself why the heck I get myself into these kinds of situations? But I know the answer. Because when you adore someone as much as I adore Levi, the hurt seems worth it. And it is.

:)

Ha.

LEVI I MISS YOU

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Having done it. Watching as Russ left on his mission was hard. I wrote every week. You can do it. Keep in touch with him and enjoy single life while you have it. Having friends leave is sometimes the moment you realize how much you really care for them. You can always email, write and send packages. His leaving and your working doesn't have to be the end. You can learn a lot about him and you while you go your separte ways. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are amazing.. i super miss you so so so much! it's things like this that make me seriously consider transferring to utah state after my mission.. ha. consider. i really miss you

    ReplyDelete